Lavender Lemon Curd Cookies
We're so excited to share another amazing recipe that was made by the talented Alizee from Bartisserie! Alizee is an amazing baker (& cocktail maker... you might get that the name of her blog is a combo of bar and patisserie), and we're excited that she was able to have some fun with our mixes.
Last week, Alizee made these Dark Chocolate Brookies, using our dark chocolate brownie mix, resulting in a super rich and decadent treat. This time around, she used our lavender sugar cookies and combined them with a tart lemon curd, resulting in a light and refreshing treat.
We can imagine pairing these Lavender Lemon Curd Cookies with a lemon lavender cocktail, and enjoying while basking in the sun. Cheers!
* There are still some Lavender Sugar Cookie Mixes available to purchase via Kickstarter- be sure to check it out!
You will need...
One Lavender Sugar Cookie Mix (+ one stick unsalted butter and one large egg)
One batch of your favorite lemon curd (Alizee's favorite recipe is below)
5 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 Tbsp butter
3/4 Cup cane sugar
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1. Begin by making the lavender sugar cookies as instructed on the box. Divide the dough into two portions, and flatten each one between two sheets of wax or parchment paper. Roll out to about 1/16 of an inch. Place the rolled out dough in the freezer for 20 minutes.
2. Cut the cookies out using your favorite cookie cutter and transfer them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for another 10 minutes.
3. In your oven preheated to 350°F, bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes until the edges begin to brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
4. Begin making the lemon curd. In a metal bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except for the butter. Bring a pot of water to a slow simmer and put the metal bowl on top, whisking the whole time. Once the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon without running off, remove the bowl from the pot. Add in the butter and whisk until fully combined. Let cool and transfer to a jar.
5. Final assembly: using a spoon, add a good amount of lemon curd to one lavender cookie and top it with another cookie. Repeat until you used all of the cookies!