These cookies were in my initial line of baking mixes, launched back in 2015. Partly inspired by the fact that I was a vegetarian at the time (& tried to be vegan), and partly inspired by the two little boys, Hunter and Carter, who I nannied for and are both allergic to dairy and eggs.
If you aren't vegan, ignore the fact that I included vegan in the name!! These cookies are delicious regardless of the fact that they are free of dairy and eggs. Your vegan or non-vegan self will love them.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 12-15 Cookies
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/2 Cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 Cup almond milk
3 oz best quality dark chocolate, chopped into 1/4 inch chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together four, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In another medium sized bowl, whisk together the sugar and melted coconut oil for a minute or two, until fully combined and lighter in color. Whisk the almond milk in until fully combined. Fold the flour mixture into the sugar mixture, mixing until just combined. Do not over-mix. Fold the chocolate chunks into the dough until just combined. Just a heads up, the dough has the consistency more of a batter- that's how they should be!
4. Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto two baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2" apart. Flatten the tops slightly with the back of a spoon or the palm of your hand.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown but the middles still look soft. Let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Cookies will store in an air tight container for 3-5 days.